The weather is heating up, so if you haven’t already scheduled air conditioner cleaning, now is the time to do so! As we get into full-blown summer, our air conditioners will need to work harder to keep our homes cool, and that’s when you’ll really start to notice the difference in how well you’ve maintained your air conditioner. Fortunately, it’s not too late to reap the benefits of an annual air conditioner cleaning. Here are 6 reasons why you need to call and schedule AC cleaning today!
1. Scheduling is easier early in the season. Once summer ramps up into full heat and our air conditioners are working their hardest, poorly maintained air conditioners start going on the fritz and small problems become big ones. As we start to get a lot of calls for repair and replacement, our technicians’ schedules fill up, making it more difficult to schedule an appointment with a quick turnaround. Scheduling for cleaning now will get you in before the rush.
2. You’ll catch problems while they’re still small. While you have a technician out to clean your air conditioning unit, he’ll also run and test the air conditioner to make sure it’s working properly. This is important because an expert may see problems developing that weren’t obvious to you yet. Fixing problems in these early stages helps you out because it saves you time and money on repairs. For instance, replacing a buzzing fan capacitor right away may save your fan motor from burning out and needing to be replaced as well.
3. The air conditioner won’t have to work as hard. Air conditioning cools your house via heat transfer, using the outdoor unit to release heat from your home to the outside air. The dirt and debris that builds up in the outdoor unit’s coils and fins prevent heat from transferring efficiently to the outside air, making the air conditioner have to run more frequently to cool your home. Having your air conditioner cleaned will restore it to peak efficiency so that it can cool your house more quickly and run less often.
4. The air conditioner will last longer. Just like with your car, regular maintenance can help your air conditioner last longer. A dirty air conditioner has to run more frequently and work harder to do the same job, which puts a lot of stress on the system. If it’s working harder to compensate for repairs that need to be made, that will take even more of a toll. A well-maintained air conditioner, on the other hand, will do its job easily and efficiently and can last many years longer than the average system.
5. Your house will stay more comfortable. Perhaps one of the best benefits of air conditioner cleaning is that your air conditioner will cool more efficiently. Clean coils and fins enable better airflow and more efficient heat transfer to the outdoor air, enabling the refrigerant to return to its liquid state before it goes back inside. Starting fresh every time means that the heat is transferred more effectively and the air your AC unit blows is colder, keeping you more comfortable inside.
6. You’ll save money. Air conditioner cleaning might come at a small price but think of it as an investment that can actually save you money in the long run. An AC unit that is clean and in good repair is more efficient and doesn’t have to work as hard or run as often, which can add up to substantial energy savings for you. In addition, you’ll save money on fewer catastrophic and emergency repairs, and ultimately, get more years out of your system before needing to replace it.
You have a lot riding on the operation of your AC unit; not just your own comfort, but also the investment your home represents. With over 50 years of experience and a team of licensed, professional technicians, Fayette Heating and Air is the best way to protect that investment. Call us today to schedule your air conditioner cleaning, and we’ll take care of the rest.